Does any of you need the tutorial on how to make 3D text in photoshop in the easiest ways? Dropicts will help you through this article with some guidance until you can make a perfect 3D text.
Before we continue, please pick one word, any word you like to use for this tutorial. If you already decide what word to use in this tutorial, let’s begin the editing process!
Tutorial on How to Make 3D Text in Photoshop
3D text can make any design looks artistic and sometimes for professional purpose because you might need to make a mock-up sample for the client. Then, to make that 3D text, you can follow these steps below:
- Make a New File: Create a ‘New File’ and type the text you want to use in a large size, also you can make it bold.
- Make It 3D: Select the text layer and then go to ‘3D’ > ‘New 3D Extrusion From Selected Layer’.
- Adjust The 3D Settings: After you change the text into 3D, it will have the default settings which you have to adjust as needed. Now, select the 3D text layer and go to ‘Properties’ > ‘Coordinates’, and then change the ‘X’ angle to 90o. You can see the text from the front side now, right?
- Find The Lines: Click anywhere outside the 3D text and try to move the text angle until you find a red line and blue line. Find the cross spot in the middle of the 3D text. After that, go back to the ‘Coordinates’ tab and adjust the second column. Leave everything except the 90o rotation setting on the X axis.
- Add The Background: Now, you need a background that will be interacted with the 3D text. You can just simply draw a rectangular shape and then go to ‘3D’ > ‘New Mesh from Layer’ > Depth Map to > Panel. After that, select both the 3D text layer and the background layer. Go to ‘3D’ > ‘Merge 3D Layers’.
- Adjust The Background: Resize the rectangular shape to fill the whole artboard and then you can try to adjust the thickness of the letters by dragging the shape up or down. You can also try some presets to find the shape you want by going to ‘Properties’ > ‘Shape Presets’.
- Set The Light: The point of making the 3D text is its shadow and light, right? Now, you need to find the ‘Infinite Light’ and drag it to under letter and adjust the intensity of the light also the softness of the shadow. You are done now.
Read also: How to Take 3d Photo With Ease
Still Hard? Let Us Do The Editing for You
How is it? Are those steps above still hard for you? The tutorial we prepare for you is the easiest one for beginners. You can get used to it or even master it by practicing more. Someday, after you can master this tutorial, you can do some experiments until getting a fantastic result.
Read also: How to Retouch Image in Photoshop
We know it might takes a longer time, but if you urgently need a service that can do the 3D text editing for any purpose, product image editing by Dropicts can help anytime. Contact us now to find more information about our service that might help you.