The backdrop is one of the basic essential kits needed by photographers. But, not every photographer has it in their home and they have to go to a photo studio back and forth to use the backdrop for photography sessions. Then, what if we tell you that there are some DIY backdrop stand ideas that you can make in your home?
Read Also: 12 Creative Photography Ideas at Home
If you can make the backdrop stand, wouldn’t it be easier to just do the photography session in your most comfortable place? You can just make a spare room to become the studio and no more rent studio money. Even better, you can just rent it to any photographer that needs a studio with a backdrop and it will be a side hustle money for you, right?
Trust us, it is easy to build a backdrop stand. Let’s just check all of the information we are about to give below from the stuff you need to the tutorial on how to build the DIY backdrop.
What Do You Need to Build DIY Backdrop Stand?
Before we tell you the tutorial on how to build a DIY backdrop stand, let’s prepare some stuff first. You need several PVC pipes in different sizes like what’s written on this list:
- 50cm pipes (4 pcs)
- 2,5m pipes (2 pcs)
- 1m pipes (4pcs)
- T-pipes (4 pcs)
- Elbow pipes (6 pcs)
If you can’t find the pipes in those specific sizes, you can just buy the general one and use the PVC cutter. It’s not that hard to cut those PVC pipes and we know that you can cut them by yourself.
How to Build DIY Backdrop Stand?
After you gather every stuff on the list, let’s try to assemble it. To build the DIY backdrop stand, you can just follow these steps:
- The first thing you have to do is making the stand legs first. You can use the elbow pipe, T-pipes, 50cm pipes, and 1m pipes. Join the 2 of 50cm pipes together with one T-pipe and make 2 parts.
- Now, add the elbow pipes to each end of the pipes and it will be the upper part of the backstand. For the other ends, you need to put the middle side of T-pipes to create the balance.
- Next, connect the middle T-pipes with 2,5m pipes and connect the upper side (elbow pipes) with 2,5m pipes too.
- For the legs, you need to connect 2 of 1m pipes in the T-pipes on the both of bottom parts.
- The last thing you need to do is to hang some fabric as the background as you need.
Read Also: 10 DIY Photo Backdrops Ideas
Let’s Take a Picture Using the DIY Backdrop Stand
After you read all of the information above, it sounds easy for you to build the DIY backdrop stand, right? You can find any PVC pipes in the hardware store and go build your DIY backdrop stand.
For additional information, if you need any help with photo editing, please visit our website. Dropicts can help you with any photo editing request or visual design for any purpose and we will give a better result for every picture you have.