Do you want to know how to make an image black and white in Photoshop? It is pretty easy and you can do that in only 3 steps.
Black and white image is one of the most popular filters that people are looking for to give some effect or more impact to the picture. Nowadays, people can just use some filters through the editing application on mobile phones, but apparently, that’s not enough because those filters lack the detail we are looking for.
That’s why, to convert the image to black and white, we recommend you to use Adobe Photoshop that offers many features and settings to the user. You can just easily change a picture to black and white or add some spices to the picture to make it looks tremendous.
You can just follow the tutorial we are about to give below. We also give you some additional tips to get a better black and white picture.
Tutorial How to Make an Image Black and White in Photoshop
As we have said earlier, to turn a colorful picture into the black and white mode, you only need 3 steps. Let’s check these 3 steps:
- The first thing to do is to open the image you want to edit in Adobe Photoshop.
- Now, go to ‘Image’ > ‘Mode’ > ‘Grayscale’.
- The last step is to press ‘Discard’ and you already have the black and white picture as you want. It’s easy and simple, right?
Besides the 3 steps above, we have to inform you that there is a con you should know. The ‘Grayscale’ mode only function as an automatic filter and you can’t do some adjustment for it.
To get a perfect black and white conversion, you need to do some additional settings. You can try some of these methods below that can give various results of black and white pictures:
- Set the saturation to the left to reduce the amount of color. With this method, you can only control the color amount and can’t set up the depth of black conversion.
- You can use lab color mode before changing it into the grayscale. The result can be pleasing but you also can’t do much to the conversion setting.
- If you want the method that allows you to do overall settings to the conversion, then try Channel Mixer adjustment. It allows you to adjust the ratios between RGB channels and you can set the lightning value on the picture.
- The last method you can use is to do the settings on the Black and White Adjustment Layer. You can change the conversion manually and do full control of the setting until you get the perfect result of conversion.
Read Also: Cool Photo Edits Ideas and Best Example for You
Let Dropicts do the Conversion!
Now, you can try by yourself to convert the RGB image into black and white with the tutorial above. If you need help to figure out how to do it, please contact Dropicts and we will help you to get the conversion of the black and white pictures as you wish.