Sometimes, you will need to edit some images after done with the photoshoot. One of the image editing software that you can use is Adobe Illustrator. Using Adobe Illustrator is no easy task, especially if you doesn’t have any background as a graphic designer. With the numerous tools available, you can get confused easily. What if you wish to change image colors in Illustrator? Do you understand how to do it?
Tips To Change the Color in Adobe Illustrator
Here are simple steps in changing the color of the image in Illustrator that even beginners can easily follow. By following these tips, you can start doing this kind of work easily. So let’s start with the first one.
It is very common for image editors to look for ways in changing the color of the images in Illustrator, specifically the background image. Perhaps the background is too noisy, or not as seamless as the client wishes for. No matter, you can start changing the color of the images in Illustrator by launching the software.
How to change background image, here are the ways
- Create a new document and choose the appropriate dimension, color mode, artboards, etc. After completing that step
- Go to File
- Document Setup
- And a pop-up window will appear.
- Check the Simulate Colored Paper Box
- Then open the Color Palette.
Now you will see a color wheel that you can adjust freely. This is where you get to play with colors. Just pick one color that you wish as a background color and press OK once you are happy with your chosen color. Afterward, get back to the Document Setup and press OK. Voila! Your image’s background color has successfully been changed and you can proceed to design your new document. Just add the png image that has a transparent background and you are done.
Recolor Whole Image
How about if you want to change the color of a whole artwork? Well, you don’t need to change each of the vector image colors; you can easily change all of it in simple steps.
- The first step of changing the color of the picture in Illustrator is by opening the file that you wish to recolor.
- Make sure that the image is embedded and not link images by looking at the right top bar.
- Click Edit
- Edit Colors
- Convert to Grayscale to turn the image into black and white.
- Now, click the Swatches menu on the left bar and you can choose any color to your liking.
This is a useful trick in changing the color of the picture in Illustrator to a single shade.
To change the color in multiple shades or remove specific colors, start with an original image
- Click Edit
- Edit Colors
- Adjust Color Balance which will create a pop-up window.
- If your file is in RGB mode, you can adjust the slider to your liking or completely remove any color. The same can be applied to CMYK mode.
Recolor Specific Area of the Image
You may think that changing the color of the image in Illustrator will be very hard, especially if you want to only change color in a specific area. Actually, you don’t really need to make a specific selection following all nooks and cranny, which is necessary should you use Photoshop.
- First, make a simple selection.
- This is a quick step since you can just select a large area in a rectangular shape. This is to let the software know which area needs to be recolored.
- After the selection step, you will notice a Recolor menu on the bottom left corner of the software.
- Click Recolor and a pop-up window will appear.
- In a hare, you will see several tools available and the specific colors within the selection area.
- Now, you will see the Current Colors section. These are the colors in the selection area.
For example, there is a woman with a yellow dress and white background in the selected area. You will see the exact skin color, hair color, yellow on her dress, and the white background in this section. Just change the specific color that you want and it’s done! You can also adjust the hue, saturation, and brightness in the lower section. If you wish to undo it, just click on the eyedropper tool. Press OK once you are satisfied with the changing color of the images in Illustrator result.
Pretty simple, right? Changing the color of the image in Illustrator is far easier than using any other editing software. However, it still requires a lot of time and effort to perfectly master these techniques, we hope wit this knowledge you can try to do some editing by yourself. But, if you need faster and higher quality product picture editing results, use the product image editing services available on Dropicts. Done by professionals, your product image will surely become more elevated.