Pattern template on the internet looks boring and not interesting for you? Well, you should know how to make a pattern in Photoshop using your image or design.
It is effortless to change an image or design into a pattern. All you need to do is following the tutorial we are about to give you below.
Throughout this tutorial, we will guide you to change an image or design into a pattern in only 10 easy steps. Let’s check the tutorial out!
Tutorial of How to Make a Pattern in Photoshop
A pattern can be used to fill some design background and make it more alive. But, as we have said before, many patterns on the internet may not seem interesting because they have the same characteristics which make your design looks boring.
The good news is that you can make your pattern using any image or design you want. After that, all you have to do is to follow these steps:
- Open Adobe Photoshop and insert an image you like to use as a pattern.
- Now, if you want to choose some part of the image, please use the ‘Rectangle Marquee’ tool before we proceed to the next step. Otherwise, if you want to use the entire image, just choose ‘Select’ > ‘Select All’ and the entire image will be set as the pattern.
- Next, you can go to the menu bar and look at the ‘Edit’ section > ‘Define Pattern’. The ‘Define Pattern’ dialog box will pop up on your screen and you can just name it, then press OK.
- Leave the image aside and create a new one.
- Select the new layer or you can use the ‘Rectangular Marquee’ tool again to select several parts that you want to fill with the pattern.
- Let’s go to ‘Edit’ > ‘Fill’ and you will find the ‘Fill’ dialog box. Please select the ‘Custom Pattern’ menu.
- In the ‘Custom Pattern’ menu, you will find some patterns from Photoshop along with your new pattern. Just click the pattern you want to fill in the new image.
- Still, inside of the ‘Custom Pattern’ menu, you can din the ‘Script’ checkbox and make sure it’s on deselected mode.
- The next step is to choose a blending mode for your pattern. This blending mode will allow you to refine the lines or pixels to make it looks smooth, like a real pattern.
- Now, all you have to do is press OK from the ‘Custom Pattern’ menu, and you are finished! You can use the pattern in your design.
Let Dropicts Help Your Editing Needs
It is really easy to make a pattern in Adobe Photoshop, right? You can try those steps for any image you want to use for any design and just be creative!
If you need any help to make any patterns, visual design request, or image editing, feel free to reach us out! Dropicts as a professional photo retouching services has a lot of services in photography also design, and you can just ask us to help with any design or photo editing for business purposes.