When you have finished doing a product photoshoot or taking pictures with the camera you have, and you want to check the results right? But the results of your photos look grainy which of course makes the photo or image very unattractive. But you don’t need to worry, because you can fix this easily through the post-production process. On this occasion, we will provide tips on how to fix grainy photos.
Tips About How To Fix Grainy Photos For You
In the post-production process, you can use photoshop or some image editing software to improve grainy photos by following these tips, let’s get started.
Fix Grainy Images with Photoshop
Despite a fairly steep learning curve with many Photoshop functions, it only takes a second to correct any grainy images.
- Open your image in Photoshop.
- Choose Filter and Blur.
- Select Gaussian Blue and use the sliders to find an acceptable level. Select OK.
- Choose Filter and Sharpen.
- Select Unsharp Mask and use the sliders to find an acceptable level. Select OK when done.
- Save the image.
You can also add layers with soft light to minimize the appearance of pixels.
- Right-click the image and select Layer and Create a New Layer.
- Select Blending Options in the top menu and choose Soft Light.
- Choose Filters and Noise.
- Choose Despeckle and find a level you enjoy.
- Choose Image, Adjustments, and Brightness / Contrast.
- Adjust the two to find an acceptable level.
The first process will do a bit to minimize any pixelation or grainy problems and that may be sufficient. If not, try the second process as it can help a little.
Read also: 5 Tricks Using Photoshop as A Pro
Fix Pixelated Images with Paint.net
If you don’t want to or can’t justify the cost of Photoshop, Paint.net or GIMP are viable alternatives. It’s not anywhere near as powerful as Photoshop but it’s free, regularly updated, and can perform many basic image editing tasks. Perfect if you don’t really have enough editing skills and experience.
- Open your image on Paint.net.
- Choose Effect, Blur, and Gaussian Blur.
- Use the sliders to reduce the pixel effect.
- Choose Effects, Photo, and Sharpen.
- Use the sliders to find an acceptable level.
- Save the image.
There is no substitute for taking high-quality images but if you don’t have that luxury, there are ways to reduce the pixels in an image. The exact level you make adjustments to depends on the image itself. Where you see ‘find rate’ just use the slider to find the position where the pixelation is minimal but the overall impression of the image is retained.
With these two software, you can fix the grainy pictures by yourself. But, if you don’t have enough time for this, or it’s just too hard for you, try professional product image editing services Dropicts. We are ready to help you to fix your photos. Just go to our website for more information.
If you have any questions about this, don’t be shy to leave a comment!